- Specialized welding training and/or 5+ years of related welding experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated skill proficiency or an equivalent combination of training, experience and skill proficiency.
- Must consistently demonstrate code quality work.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must by mathematically inclined and possess a strong mechanical aptitude with ability to use various measuring equipment.
- Ability to use and maintain numerous hand tools (POWERED AND MANUAL) in accordance with safety standards and procedures.
- Certified according to ASME code in the following welding process (FCAW and GMAW required; GTAW preferred).
- Must pass a 3g plate test in Mig/Fluxcore on plate
- Ability to pass a 6g Tig on 2 ó pipe, preferred but not required
- Complete knowledge of blue print interpretation.
- Able to attend training courses as assigned.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Must have physical stamina to stand 8 or more hours per day and operate welding equipment.
- Position requires standing or walking most of the workday and frequently involves stooping and kneeling.
- Must possess sufficient visual acuity and depth perception to complete job tasks.
- Must possess manual dexterity such as reaching, handling, fingering and touching to effectively handle material and operate welding equipment safely.
- Must be able to tolerate shop environment and exposures associated with welding and industrial boiler manufacturing, and apply appropriate safety equipment when required.
- Must be able to lift / maneuver 50 lbs unassisted using proper safety techniques and/or equipment.
GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Communication – Writes clearly, concisely, and persuasively; speaks tactfully andconvincingly; listens well; shares work related information; must be computer literate, and capable.
- Problem solving – Ability to evaluate situations, review options and set priorities within scope of authority; must be able to identify activities for completing assignments by allocating time/resources; ability to multi-task and switch focus quickly.
- Initiative – Ability to be self-motivated and complete tasks without supervision’ results oriented; seeks self-improvement, enhancement of skills, and professional growth.
- Meeting commitments – Assumes total accountability for meeting daily commitments with clear understanding of his/her impact on project schedules.
- Quality of work – Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability.
- Professionalism – Must display high level of professionalism in conduct, attitude, and attire appropriate for the work area; ability to work with people at all levels; must understand “internal customer” concept; able to exercise authority and respond to criticism.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire teamwork and high morale; constructively influence the performance of others; able to obtain results through others; ability to solve problems and make decisions within the scope of authority.
>> DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION